Please read carefully ALL the information on this page before contacting us.
We usually hold two Huachuma ceremonies per month in the magical surrounding nature and sacred Apu’s of Pisac or at our home just under Apu Ling Li, depending on the weather and other conditions.
We post the exact dates of all confirmed Huachuma ceremonies two weeks in advance. We apologize for any inconvenience, but no reservations done before the postings are up, will be held. So once you choose a date from the schedule, please Sign in (tab above) in order to make the reservation, and upon confirmation, we will give you further instructions.
It is very important for us to know if you are taking any kind of medication, and/or if you are having any serious health issues, so please let us know when you sign in.
We usually have between 10 to 20 people (max. 25 people) in each Huachuma ceremony, coming from all four corners of the earth.
The ceremonies are lead by myself and usually another assistant or two all having years of experience taking Huachuma and other sacred medicine plants and are well versed in dealing with different situations that may arise within ceremony. Logistically, one person leads the ceremony, while other experienced assistants support the participants, in order to provide a safe environment for you to go through the experience with peace of mind. We know it is important for you to feel safe, especially if this is the first time you are taking Huachuma and so we do our best to provide such a space.
We ask you to arrive at the designated area at the designated time and in a timely fashion, as this medicine is long lasting and it is important we start on time. We will the exact time and location information after your signing in.
After getting to know the other people journeying, the guidelines for the ceremony will be given, and the ceremony will start. The ceremony will start early in the morning around 8am. and will end somewhere between 6 to 7pm.
We provide some light snacks throughout the day such as fruits and nuts. However we ask each person to bring plenty of water, a blanket or something to sit on, appropriate clothing for being outdoors for the day.(It’s good to have layers as the temperature can rise and fall very quickly here).
Before participating in your San Pedro (Huachuma) ceremony:
- We recommend a light vegetarian dinner the night before, reducing excessive amounts of sugar, salt and ají “chilies” in preparation to receive the Huachuma into your system.
- No Alcohol consumption 48 hours prior to the ceremony.
- Avoid eating meat and heavy food 24 hours prior to the ceremony.
- In the morning of the ceremony you can have an herbal tea and small piece of fruit. Super light!!! Come with layered clothing and your water and anything else you need to be comfortable outdoors for the day, but keep in mind for some of the ceremonies we will walk anywhere from 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes when we work out in the nature.
- In case of rain or other conditions, we will hold ceremonies in our home just on the outskirts of Pisac.